Rules & Regulations
RULES & INFORMATION
Primary (years 3-6),
Junior (years 7-9),
Senior (years 10-13/college).
- All Style (For any other style of dance that doesn’t fall into streetdance. For example: Jazz, Contemporary, Ballet, Musical Theatre, Cheer routines would be entered in all style.
- Street Dance
Open category (any style)
Must all be from the same university as part of a dance society/ team/ course
- Each team will need to complete a team registration form, which includes dancer information, this can be found at www.udoitdance.com via the National Schools page
- Dancer entry fee is £10, spectator entry of £5. This is a new addition to the 2020 events, previously the event has been funded but we do not have the same funding for the 2020 events, so a small fee is charged to help cover the competition costs. Each school can decided wether they would cover the fee's for participants / part fund or ask the dancers to pay for their entry. On the entry form you can specify which method of payment is best for the school.
- *NEW* Due to high demand- Each school can enter a maximum of 2 TEAMS per Age division/ Category e.g - 2 x junior street teams, 2 x junior all style teams etc.
However- they must be different dancers in each team, you cannot have a dancer competing against themselves in the same category.
(A dancer can enter 1 street and 1 all style team, but not compete in 2 street teams/ 2 all style teams.)
- Each team MUST be named. We would encourage creativity rather than the name of the school.
- Each team will need a dedicated member of staff to supervise on the day – the details for this person must be included on the registration form.
- Teams will be split into three age categories: PRIMARY: Years 3, 4, 5 and 6 JUNIORS: Years 7–9 SENIORS: Years 10–13 / College student
- A team can consist of minimum 5 dancers, and a maximum of 25 dancers.
- All dancers must be from the same academic school.
- This is a competition for Academic Schools or Colleges only, not for dance schools.
- A group must compete in the age category of the majority of the dancers, i.e. if there are 6 dancers in a group and 4 of them are Year 11, one Year 8 and one Year 7, then they must dance in the Senior category: Years 10–13.
- The length of the routine can be no longer than 2 minutes 30 seconds. If the track is shown to be longer than 2:30, the DJ will stop the music at 2:35- so please make sure your music is edited appropriately.
- Music can be a mix of more than one track.
- Inappropriate language is not permitted- any teams who go against this rule will be penalised.
- Music will need to be emailed in before the event - (Please bring a back up copy of your music on a memory stick/ iPad/ phone/ cd)
- Acrobatic moves may be used if you wish but, if deemed to be unsafe, groups will be penalised.
- A dancer cannot compete in more than one group of the same category, i.e. a dancer cannot dance in two streetdance teams.
- Props may be used, but must be safe and dancers must be in control when using them.
- Chalk/ Glitter/ Talcum Powder/ Water or any other prop that can cause damage or inconvenience to the dance floor is not allowed, any teams including anything like this within your dance you will be penalised.
- Costumes are optional – please note that you will be judged purely on your dance, choreography, and performance.
- Age appropriate clothing and movement is essential.