Rules & Regulations
RULES & INFORMATION
• Each team MUST be named. We would encourage creativity rather than the name of the school.
• IMPORTANT: Each team will need a dedicated member of staff to supervise on the day – the details for this person must be included on the registration form.
• Teams will be split into three age categories:
• A team can consist of minimum 4 dancers, and a maximum of 26 dancers.
• All dancers must be from the same academic school.
• This is a competition for Academic Schools or Colleges only, not for dance schools.
• A group must compete in the age category of the majority of the dancers, i.e. if there are 6 dancers in a group and 4 of them are Year 11, one Year 8 and one Year 7, then they must dance in the Senior category: Years 10–13.
• The length of the routine can be no longer than 2 minutes 30 seconds. If the music goes on longer than this the team will be penalised.
• Music can be a mix of more than one track.
• Inappropriate language is not permitted- any teams who go against this rule will be penalised.
• Music will need to be emailed in before the event - (Please bring a back up copy of your music on a memory stick/ iPad/ phone/ cd)
• Acrobatic moves may be used if you wish but, if deemed to be unsafe, groups will be penalised.
• A dancer cannot compete in more than one group of the same category, i.e. a dancer cannot dance in two streetdance teams.
• Props may be used, but must be safe and dancers must be in control when using them.
• Chalk/ Glitter/ Water or any other prop that can cause damage or inconvenience to the dance floor is not allowed, any teams including anything like this within your dance you will be penalised.
• Costumes are optional – please note that you will be judged purely on your dance, choreography, and performance.
• Age appropriate clothing is essential.
• Age appropriate movement is essential.