Online National Schools Competition
1 CommentThursday, 4 June 2020
Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, our nation has had to come to a pause and adapt to a new normal. Our National Schools Dance Championships was affected by this and has to be rearranged due to the closure of schools and sport.
We want young people to have great opportunities whilst in lockdown, we are going to bring an adapted National Schools Championships to our schools across the UK- ONLINE!
Kickstarting the series will be a new online solo competition. Young people can represent their school by submitting a 30 second solo routine, which will be shortlisted by a panel of judges and a final will be hosted on which would have been our UK Finals date- 26th June.
How will this work?
We will operate the same age divisions as we would have at our national schools championships:
Primary (School Years 3-6) age 7-11
Junior (School Years 7-9) age 11-14
Senior (School Years 10-13) Age 14-18
(These are based on Academic school year)
Style of dance: Street dance
Beginner: Has competed in 0-3 street dance solo competitions
Experienced: Has competed in 4 or More solo street dance competitions
- Record a 30 second video of your solo routine, this can be done to ANY song of your choice
- Email this video to firstname.lastname@example.org along with:
Dancer Name / School Name (NOT dance school- must be academic school) / School Year Group/ Category / Email address (must be an active email address as qualification to the final details will be sent to this email)
- By Friday 19th June
Those who have got through to the Final on Thursday 26th June will be notified by email by Tuesday 23rd June.
If you are through to the final
- You will be notified via email that you have been successful in progressing to the final
- The email will then contain the song title that your final solo routine must be recorded to and the length of time to dance
- This must be emailed back to email@example.com No later than 25th June 3pm.
The Finals- Friday 26th June
- We will be hosting 3 FREE 30 minute workshops that ANYONE can access whether you are in the competition or not. These workshops will be operated via Zoom
- The judges will have all the videos of the finalists and will judge them as if they were judging the participants live on the day
- The results will be announced via Zoom at 3pm on Friday 26th June
- Medals and Certificates will be sent out in the post.
- The videos of the finalists will be uploaded to UDOIT Dance Foundation social media.